Café Zara

7.10.06

Mid Autumn Festival


I hope you could all spend a wonderful mid autumn time with your family?
Never heard of it? In that case: I know that question mark emerging in your mind.
I noticed something was going on a few weeks ago: A certain product called
moon cakes mushroomed at every street corner and I got suspicious when people were putting up lampions in increasing frequency. Suddenly there were talks about the moon. It was the time when students started having BBQs and joyfully looking forward to weekends with the family...
I knew: something big - something truely important was going on, which they called: Mid Autumn Festival!

"The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the two most important holidays in the Lunar calendar. Asian family members and friends will gather to admire the bright mid-autumn harvest moon, and eat moon cakes, star fruit and pomeloes together. It is also common to have barbecues outside under the moon."
(
Wikipedia)
I must note that my family behaved kind of ignorant towards this news and did not make any offer to take the plane for 15 hours to celebrate with me here in HK but is enjoying olive harvesting season in Greece instead...now I will not join Christmas anymore.