Café Zara

20.10.06

Lan Kwai Fong


Todays post is devoted to HKs party area Lan Kwai Fong

Lan Kwai Fong is at the center of many legends. Completely hammered Brits are lurching about. Arriving at L.K.W. the impoverished hordes of exchange students and foreign trainees, who cannot afford 6 Euros for a beer, gather in front of THE notorious 7eleven. I assume its the best going one in town, selling loads of beer 24-7. From there on students, expats and foreigners are moving up the street where there liason breaks up and they spread into Heyhey Club, Sugar, the ice bar (it's truely freezing) or club 1997.

So you're in the picture: a handfull of streets with exquisite bars and loads of elderly, drunk foreigners - do I need to say more? I refrain from any further judgements...

Nevertheless, I'm having a great time in LKW, normally on Thursday when everything is for free for girls: clubs and lots of drinks.
I consider this policy is a sign of masochism and there are probably some ulterior motives behind getting girls drunk, BUT during my lifetime little will change anyways: Except as I just got ensure by famous Nobelprize winner Rowland yesterday: the hole in the ozon layer will still be there and global warming will continue. ... Isn't it great that some things are stable and foreseeable?